Pure Iberian Tradition
Today we bring a very special recipe. We will be using the recipe of our colleagues of Sabrosa Spain, a Youtube Channel that offers all kind of Spanish food recipes. As you can see in the original video, they use Serrano Ham, but you can use Iberian Ham instead with exactly the same quantities.
Croquettes are the perfect way to make the most of those small pieces of ham remaining on the bone. Sometimes it is quite difficult to get slices out of them, so our best option is to remove it and dice it finely. Jamón Ibérico provides a lot of flavour to any dish and in this case, you want to keep the fat from the ham to give the croquettes a very special and strong taste.
Before showing you the recipe, please remember the old Spanish saying “Patience is the mother of Science”, which basically means that patience is a virtue. When cooking something and reaching an outstanding result, you need time. Trust me.
Iberian Ham Croquettes
Iberian Ham 7oz – 200gr
Flour 3.5oz – 100gr
Butter 3.5oz – 100gr
Olive oil 2 TBSP
Milk 0.26USGAL – 1L
Olive oil or sunflower oil
1. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and the butter in a pot.
2. When melted, add the onion and poach.
3. Add the diced serrano ham and cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the flour and stir.
5. Add the milk little by little and whisk constantly until you get a thick mixture.
6. Chill the mixture for at least 2 hours.
7. Shape the mixture in small croquettes and coat them in flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
8. Freeze and fry them other day or fry them directly.